We all heard that saying before -"Your heart is in your hands" right? but just how much aware of our hearts are we? do we really know how to take care of one of the most important key organs to our livelihood? Today we want to encourage you to maintain a healthy diet and educate yourself about heart-healthy foods and cholesterol management.
In celebration of World Men's Health Month and World Heart Rhythm Week we want to remind you once again just how important your heart is to your health and to start that off share this scrumptious Thai Chicken Stir-fry recipe with you to kick-start your healthy eating journey, your heart will thank you for this later.
For your Sauce you will need the following:
- 30 ml (2tbsp) Flora Regular
- 5 cm Piece of Ginger, Chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Chopped Finely
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) Soya Sauce
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) Peanut Butter
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) Lime Juice
- 165 ml Coconut Cream
For your stir-fry you will need the following:
- 60 ml (1/4 Cup) Flora Regular
- 500 g Chicken Fillets
- 500 g Selection of Stir-Fry Vegetables, Julienned
Love this recipe, why not sign-up to our monthly newsletter by filling in your email below for more great health tips and delicious recipes directly to your inbox. :)
- Start with the sauce: Whisk together the Flora, ginger, garlic, soya sauce, sweet chilli, peanut butter, lime juice and coconut cream in a medium bowl.
- Heat 30ml of Flora in a wok over medium to high heat.
- Add the chicken fillets and fry for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add half the sauce and wok for another 2 minutes or until the chicken is coated with the sauce. Remove the chicken from the wok.
- Add the rest of the Flora (30ml) to the wok with the stir fry vegetables and wok for another 2 minutes.
- Add the other half of the sauce and the chicken back into the wok and stir through.
- Serve with fresh coriander and coconut shavings and enjoy.
Source/Credit: Recipe by Flora Strong Heart