Gents!! We hope you're still with us on this. You better have at least cooked one of the previous recipes we've shared for your lady.
Here's a quick recap, we covered:
Now it's time to take it outside! Nothing brings people together better than a traditional proudly South African potjie or "Potjiekos" as we call it.
Here's the deal. We all know that the guy behind the Braai (or in this case the Potjie pot) at any family gathering is the main-man. So today we want to help you be that guy, with this delicious lamb potjiekos recipe. Add it to your stash to impress.
Make sure you read all the way to the end, we have a list of great tips and hacks to help you make the best she's ever had... potjie.
Lamb potjiekos - Tips to make the best she's ever had🥩
Drop that spoon "My guy"
- Ever made a poitjie? If so, you should know that this is by far the most important fundamental rule when trying to make the perfect Potjie, just stack in the layers and don't stir too much.....
Seasoning is king
- There’s a reason potjiekos is so delicious. It's not just about the size of the meat but the motion of the seasoning. The right mix of various herbs and spices can make or break you...
The cooking is in the coals
- So listen up, this one is just as important, don't be that guy that cooks a scrumptious potjie and by the time you need to dish up the thing is burned. So the best way to avoid this is to make sure there are no coals directly under the lowest point of the potjie. Stack your coals just right, keep the heat just outside the legs of your pot.
The sacrifice of the one potato
- This is by far the most clever tip out there. If you wanna know when your potjie is ready, just leave one potato out. This guy should remain at the top of your pot, so when he's done the rest of the pot should be done too.
Tenderize the meat
- So some people use red wine for a red meat potjie, but did you know you can also use Coca-Cola! - If you didn't know, now you know.
Boiling is forbidden
- Make sure you cook your potjie on a low heat for a long time rather than with to much heat, really important. You pot should whisper and never boil.
- "Boiled stew is Spoiled stew" - #Justsaying
The success lies with The Potjie Master
- Ok, so this one you can ignore haha - Just remember a Potjie is fairly easy to make, staying sober during the process is the hard part. So take it easy but not too easy lol.
If all fails (which it shouldn't)
- We're not saying something will go wrong but if it does and your lamb potjiekos recipe turns out a bit flavourless - Chutney can save your behind.
Hope you enjoyed reading this one, and if you have any lamb potjiekos tips you would like to share with us leave a comment below or write to us on any of our social media platforms. With that being said, what are you waiting for get your Potjie-On?